I recently celebrated my birthday and discovered that most of us pause to reflect on our lives during two periods during the year. The first being New Year’s Eve, as this is a time when we let go of people, habits, and situations that no longer serve our wellbeing. We state our intentions and focus on what we will bring into the new year.
The second time we tend to reflect on our lives is our birthday. On this day, as we gather with family and friends, blow out the birthday candles and make a special wish, we envision one outcome we want to experience or achieve in our next year of life.
I must admit, March is my favorite month of the year! I am an avid sports fan and look forward to March Madness each year. The energy that surrounds this time of year is contagious with everyone filling out their bracket in hopes of predicting the upset that earns them the office pool bragging rights. March is also the time of year that we shift our clocks ahead one hour and spring forward. Sure, we’ve lost an hour of sleep, but we also gained one hour of daylight! I’d like to challenge you to see if there is something holding you back from moving forward personally. And in your business, is there something keeping you from moving forward with a client? The most successful people identify their roadblocks and learn from each experience along the way. They understand that standing still will not get them to their desired outcomes. They keep moving forward!
Here are seven strategies that will help you and your business to keep moving forward.
1. Create a mindset of confidence and optimism. You have something to offer and each person you meet can learn from you.
2. Take control of your day. Focus on one thing each day that you need to do to move your business forward.
3. Prospect for clients whose business you can impact. Discover one thing you can help them with today.
4. Develop a winning strategy for a current client. What other solutions or ideas do you have to offer?
5. Realize the objections your client has which are keeping you from moving forward and working together.
6. Ask for a referral from a satisfied customer. This is perhaps the easiest thing you can do!
7. Invest in yourself. Listen to motivational messages to get your day started. Learn something new from reading a book or listening to a podcast that inspires you. The more you learn, the more earn!
Zig Ziglar said it best, “Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice.” Keep marching towards what is important to you and your business – you will be glad you did!